Well, there were scraps of butterfly fabric left and I couldn't throw anything away. So I cut the leftovers into 4.5" squares and started the process again. Except I made some changes in my layout from the first quilt top.
I had enough leftovers to make two wallhangings. I took 13 squares and added squares of a hand dyed batik between each butterfly square. Next, I added a batik border and started to cut up my fabric using my rotary cutter and the Lil Twister ruler. I found it challenging to cut around the smaller ruler with my cutter and instead, using a sharpened pencil, traced around my squares with the pencil, and then cut out the squares, some areas with the rotary cutter and some with scissors. The finished product went together much faster this way.
The border took longer for me to figure out then the piecing! I loved the more open looking tesselations on this one.