About me

I have been making fabric crafts since the 70s, started hand piecing and quilting in the 80s, and have been machine piecing for the last seven years. My pile of UFO tops are slowly diminishing with the help of my longarm quilting machine, an Ansley 26.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Months

Wow! Time has flown by...summer has come and gone...school has begun...and I am currently off work (after the first week of a new school year) due to a foot infection.
But let me degress and tell you of my summer months - best quilting summer ever!
The first week of vacation myself and three friends participated in the Central Coast Shop Hop, 11 stores with food, prizes, and fabric. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Grover Beach (free breakfast and coffee) and traveled as far south as Ventura and started in Paso Robles. We added a few of our favorite stores, love Creation Station in Buellton, so I believe our final count was 19 stores in three days. Yes, we were tired but each store was so unique. This shop hop features a complete quilt pattern from each store on the hop and this year, they were available online in advance of the hop so you could concetrate on your selections. Here is a link to the patterns: http://www.quiltshopsofthecentralcoast.com
Two stores were closing down, The Treasure Hunt in Carpenteria and The Fabric Quarter in Goleta, both awesome stores that will be missed, so there were some great bargains to be had.
I won one of the baskets (a styrofoam ice chest) filled with fabrics, books, patterns, and notions. First time ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment