Love the BQ2 pattern and I wanted to try something different. I took a panel of French Ladies from Loralie Designs and cut them out of the panel. The block for the BQ2 measures 9 1/2" but the French Ladies measure less. So, because the blocks aren't square on the panel, I added hot pink strips measuring 1 1/2" on the sides and 2" strips on the top and bottom. Using my 9 1/2" ruler I squared up the wonky blocks making an uneven sashing. I added pink with black dots that I was saving for another quilt (but had never made.... LOL) and a black swirl that was leftover backing from another quilt to finish out the pattern. My plan is only to make 12 blocks (unless I change my mind), so there will be 3 squares leftover, maybe potholders or something else.