About me

I have been making fabric crafts since the 70s, started hand piecing and quilting in the 80s, and have been machine piecing for the last seven years. My pile of UFO tops are slowly diminishing with the help of my longarm quilting machine, an Ansley 26.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

BQ 2 with a panel























Love the BQ2 pattern and I wanted to try something different. I took a panel of French Ladies from Loralie Designs and cut them out of the panel. The block for the BQ2 measures 9 1/2" but the French Ladies measure less. So, because the blocks aren't square on the panel, I added hot pink strips measuring 1 1/2" on the sides and 2" strips on the top and bottom. Using my 9 1/2" ruler I squared up the wonky blocks making an uneven sashing. I added pink with black dots that I was saving for another quilt (but had never made.... LOL) and a black swirl that was leftover backing from another quilt to finish out the pattern. My plan is only to make 12 blocks (unless I change my mind), so there will be 3 squares leftover, maybe potholders or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment