About me

I have been making fabric crafts since the 70s, started hand piecing and quilting in the 80s, and have been machine piecing for the last seven years. My pile of UFO tops are slowly diminishing with the help of my longarm quilting machine, an Ansley 26.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas projects


For Christmas, I started making twister wreaths for each family on my list. I quickly realized that I could not make 7 in 10 days so started plans on an alternate project. I chose candlemats and quickly started creating seven different kits so that I could do the sewing all at once. After creating 4 different kits, I chose a DIFFERENT pattern and began all over again.

I finally settled on a Toad in a Puddle and created 7 candlemats, purchased 7 candles, stuffed my giftbags, and lined them up under the tree.

I have made a promise to make one Christmas gift each month in 2011, so as to enjoy my December vacation without having to work on "must does".

No comments:

Post a Comment